Library Services During COVID-19
The Main Library is open for brief visits by appointment Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Appointments are required and each appointment is for a maximum of 30 minutes. Click here to request an appointment. For more information on library services during COVID-19, including appointments, curbside service, digital access-only library cards, online library card renewal, online resources, digital programs, and more, click here.
Friends of the Library
Who are the Friends
The Friends of the Library group was organized in 1951, becoming a significant source of volunteer and financial support that continues today. From the proceeds of memberships, fundraisers, and book sales, the Friends have donated thousands of dollars for books, special equipment, and programs and services to supplement the library’s budget.
What We Fund
- 1-year subscription to Kanopy (streaming Documentaries, Classic and Indie Films)
- 1-year subscription to Tumblebooks (eBooks for kids)
- Bookmarks for Library Card Signup Celebrations and National Library Week
- Digitization of the Fort Smith newspaper microfilm
- DVDs for adults and children
- E-Books and audiobooks for Library2Go
- Refreshments, prizes, and supplies for Holiday Open House and many other library programs
- Subscription to Book Page, a monthly newspaper about books, distributed free to library customers
- Supplies, incentives, and prizes for the Children’s, Teen, and Adult Summer Reading Program