To support efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, all four locations of the Fort Smith Public Library will be closed through at least Monday, April 20. For information on how to contact library staff, curbside pickup of library materials, the new digital access-only library card, and more check our Facebook page or the library website.
All four locations of the Fort Smith Public Library will be closed on Friday, April 10th for Good Friday.
Friends of the Library
Who are the Friends
The Friends of the Library group was organized in 1951, becoming a significant source of volunteer and financial support that continues today. From the proceeds of memberships, fundraisers, and book sales, the Friends have donated thousands of dollars for books, special equipment, and programs and services to supplement the library’s budget.
What We Fund
- 1-year subscription to Kanopy (streaming Documentaries, Classic and Indie Films)
- 1-year subscription to Tumblebooks (eBooks for kids)
- Bookmarks for Library Card Signup Celebrations and National Library Week
- Digitization of the Fort Smith newspaper microfilm
- DVDs for adults and children
- E-Books and audiobooks for Library2Go
- Refreshments, prizes, and supplies for Holiday Open House and many other library programs
- Subscription to Book Page, a monthly newspaper about books, distributed free to library customers
- Supplies, incentives, and prizes for the Children’s, Teen, and Adult Summer Reading Program