The Main Library is now open for brief visits, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Appointments are required, and not all library resources are available. Click here to request an appointment. For more information on library reopening, including appointments, due dates, overdue fees, and new services such as curbside pickup and digital access-only library cards, click here.
Engage Young Minds
- Engage library users as young as toddlers with fun and interactive technology teaching early reading, science, and math skills
- Prepare little ones for kindergarten, prevent “summer slide,” and supplement school curriculum with updated mobile technology, books, and hands-on programs
- Teach kids to think analytically, experiment, collaborate and problem-solve with STEM activities including robotics, computer coding, and architecture and construction
- Enhance and expand library resources and programs to encourage lifelong learning, literacy of all types, job training and job seeking, local and family history research, and entrepreneurship. Improve opportunities for library customers to interact and learn through books, technology, art, science, and one another.
Invest in Technology
- Provide state-of-the-art computer hardware, software, digital media, and collaboration space at the libraries
- Accelerate the growth of FSPL’s digital collections to meet library customers’ needs for information, education, and entertainment anytime and anywhere
- Preserve, expand, digitize, and improve access to the library’s valuable archival collections and historic newspapers
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and fun through a Maker Lab, enabling adults and teens to create their own projects with equipment, software, and expertise centered around 3D printers, laser cutters, photo, audio, and video editing and recording, sewing machines, and other up-to-date tools